Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:44:39 -0600
On Saturday 03 March 2007 09:29, jdd wrote:
> Rajko M. wrote:
> > While IRC meetings are cooncentrated they exclude all people that are not
> > in right time zone. With present number of active users that is not good.
> > I would prefer one thread on this list that will announce start of triage
> > and than separate threads for each bug.
>
> yes. and nobody prevent us opening a private chat if necessary

As long as it is bug related communication ;-)
"Sorry I can't understand, last night we've got party, and ...
I'll see ya tomorrow"

> > One day is good to start with action, then it will last as needed. There
> > is often need for communication with upstream developers and that can't
> > be accomplished in a day.
>
> I whould prefere one week. comunication through bugzilla and mailing
> list is slow, as is bug testing if it needs restarting the computer...

One day, or any day, as moment to start.
Later it can last more or leeser than a week.

> > Planning the presence of bug owners that can give us instructions how to
> > create test cases they are interested in, take look at the uploaded logs
> > on bugzilla and give a feedback as well as what's next they want.
> > This way it might be very productive.
>
> may be. Simply two or three people trying to reproduce the same bug
> should be nice. the main problem come from HW bugs that needs the same
> HW through testers. I have no AMD64, for example...

That is one of the points action style of bug triaging, to bring people
togheather that can:
- try different hardware,
- bring different ideas what to do,
- learn from each other.
- find more on the Internet,
and for sure other positive aspects.

More I think, it seems that one bug at the time for each hardware platform,
each SUSE/openSUSE would be the best choice to start with and then expand if
appropriate.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal