Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:22:21 -0600
On Saturday 03 March 2007 09:02, Alberto Passalacqua wrote:

> I'm a bit critical about the _one_day_ bug testing because I think it's
> too short to examine the bugs of something complex like a distribution.
> I personally prefer shorter meetings in multiple days than 24 hours
> meeting where everyone has to wait for the moment which interests him.
> But of course this is an opinion.

While IRC meetings are cooncentrated they exclude all people that are not in
right time zone. With present number of active users that is not good.
I would prefer one thread on this list that will announce start of triage and
than separate threads for each bug.

One day is good to start with action, then it will last as needed. There is
often need for communication with upstream developers and that can't be
accomplished in a day.

> Of course the success of these operations depends on how they're planned
> and managed.

Planning the presence of bug owners that can give us instructions how to
create test cases they are interested in, take look at the uploaded logs on
bugzilla and give a feedback as well as what's next they want.
This way it might be very productive.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal