Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:39:51 +0100

Rajko M. schreef:
> On Saturday 03 March 2007 03:22, Marcus Meissner wrote:
>>> Wow, that is quite a few more than I thought.

>>> I really like this idea; KDE also has "bug triage weekends" in #kde-bugs
>>> and they tend to be very successful.
>> We internally call to our packagers and bug owners to review all their
>> bugzillas.
>>
>> But even I have >10 pending bugs and I try to be a role model ;)
>>
>> Ciao, Marcus
>
> What about idea to take concerted effort on one category.
> For instance:
> https://bugzilla.novell.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=fulltext&short_desc=&long_desc_type=fulltext&long_desc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=anywords&keywords=&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_severity=Critical&rep_platform=PC&rep_platform=i386&rep_platform=i586&rep_platform=i686&rep_platform=x86-64&rep_platform=x86&rep_platform=64bit&rep_platform=32bit&op_sys=All&op_sys=OES+-+Linux&op_sys=SuSE+Linux+10.0&op_sys=SuSE+Linux+10.1&op_sys=SuSE+Other&op_sys=Linux&op_sys=UNIX+Other&op_sys=Other&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&email1=&emailassigned_to2=1&emailreporter2=1&emailqa_contact2=1&emailcc2=1&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=
> has 57 bugs, select few that can be tested by this community, put on the list
> in a new thread and call for help. Notify bug owners to monitor and jump in
> communication here at the time you announce hunting season.
>
> Concentrated effort to bring more people togeather on the same task may help
> to collect more data and resolve bugs faster. More people on the same task
> mean also more eyes looking in the Internet for more traces of the same
> symptoms.
>
> I guess that many of us never experience some bugs for many reasons, and have
> no idea that they exists until it happens. Than we go to bugzilla and if we
> have luck to select right search criteria, bug will show up and we can add
> our comment, if not we will file duplicate.

These last words are realy the way it is, at least for me...
Just to find the duplicates will reduce the number of real and existing
bugs...(dramaticly?, let's find out...)

And it has been proven worldwide, that if attention is focussed, great
things can be established...

Also there is going to be more insight in usage and behavior of users
(including all of us), and their desired ability for boxes and their OS's..

Also this is a chance for all of us to be taken serious, (if we desire that)

;-)

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.