Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:22:10 +0100

Alberto Passalacqua wrote:
>> I think that the Mozilla lightning/calendar project has the right idea
>> with scheduled community/developer test days.
>> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/calendar/2007/03/branch_sunbird_and_google_cale.html
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Not sure. A single bug day is more a formal than a productive action in
> my opinion. It might work for single applications, but for a big
> distribution as SUSE it risks not to produce the desired results.
>
> I think the current testing methods are not far from what is needed.
> Probably a stricter communication between developers, community and
> users is the most important thing to work on.

The solution for a better GNOME on SUSE is probably rather:
- - make the GNOME devs @Novell use openSUSE 10.2 or 10.3 alpha etc...
- - put more manpower into packaging/fixing GNOME on openSUSE

Eating your own dogfood is rule #1 and I really wonder what the GNOME
devs @Novell are using on their workstations... if it's SLED then why
the heck have the improvements made in SLED not made their way into
openSUSE ?

cheers
- --