Re: [opensuse-factory] OpenSUSE, bugs and some considerations
  • From: Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:31:51 +0100
Il giorno ven, 02/03/2007 alle 18.26 -0500, JP Rosevear ha scritto:
> So, to be frank about this, the development group that includes GNOME
> work has not been very focused on openSUSE in the past, however we've
> been making a concerted effort to change this for 10.3. In the next
> couple of days I'll post info more widely that you already know Alberto
> about the opensuse GNOME mailing list and irc channel.

Yes JP and I find these news very important both for openSUSE and
GNOME.

You should know my opinions too, and, as a consequence, that my
considerations are not against the GNOME team, which actually did an
extremely good work for SLED.

> That being said the same development group that manage GNOME has driven
> other general desktop technologies that have improved openSUSE
> substantially, such as Xgl/Compiz, NetworkManager, Beagle, so a lot of
> work has benefited openSUSE both for GNOME and KDE.

I perfectly know and agree with you about the substantial improvements
brought by these new technologies and by the GNOME team, and I think too
many people is not considering them as they deserve. I also know the
GNOME team is far from being inactive also at the moment.

I wanted to do some considerations about how things are going and about
what, in my opinion, might improve things to avoid major problems and
user dissatisfaction in future releases.

See you,
Alberto