Re: [opensuse-factory] Printing in openSUSE 10.3
  • From: "M9." <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:52:51 +0100

Ludwig Nussel schreef:
> JP Rosevear wrote:
>> One good use case we've seen with customers is that they don't want to
>> give out the root password because that would enable users to do
>> anything they want like update packages.
>
> What specific part of printer configuration should a user be able to
> do without authentication? Demanding that users must be able to
> "configure printers" without knowing the root password is too coarse
> grained. AFAICS the YaST2 printer module for example offers to
> reconfigure the firewall and to install additional packages when
> needed also as part of printer configuration.
>
> cu
> Ludwig

This might than also be the cause why a printer can not be found in the
network?
10.3alpha0 can not even detect a parralelle printerport, when the
printer is plugged in.
He guys, wake up!
Configuring the printer needs just the printer drivers, the way you want
to have it printed, must be accessible from any app. Not needing any
password..

- --

Have a nice day,

M9. Now, is the only time that exists.