Re: [opensuse-factory] Printing in openSUSE 10.3
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:29:01 +0100
JP Rosevear wrote:
> One good use case we've seen with customers is that they don't want to
> give out the root password because that would enable users to do
> anything they want like update packages.

What specific part of printer configuration should a user be able to
do without authentication? Demanding that users must be able to
"configure printers" without knowing the root password is too coarse
grained. AFAICS the YaST2 printer module for example offers to
reconfigure the firewall and to install additional packages when
needed also as part of printer configuration.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel