Re: SPAM: Re: [opensuse-factory] Remove zen-installer from gnome-main-menu
  • From: Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 22:55:52 +0100
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 5. November 2006 19:21 schrieb Klaus Kaempf:
[...]
> Wouldn't it be nice to have a single, secure, system-wide mechanism
> to provide access control ?
> Future versions of the package & patch management hopefully
> can make use of such a system.

Sounds much better ;-) (I also like Marcus' idea about using sudo
and/or kdesu.)

For the records: I'd like to have the following permission levels in the
package management:
a) check for updates ("suse-watcher" style)
b) install updates (including uninstalling obsolete and installing new
requirements from existing installation sources)
c) install / remove any package from existing installation sources

The problem with zen-updater is that it currently needs b) and c),
therefore people can easily add and remove other packages with
zen-installer/-remover even if the admin isn't aware of this.

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Wer News über ein Webinterface liest, filmt auch die Tageszeitung,
um sie auf dem Fernseher anzuschauen. [Henning Schlottmann]