Re: [opensuse-factory] Insatiable zmd
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:18:33 -0800
Andreas,

On Friday 03 November 2006 07:07, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Martin Schlander <suse@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >>
> >> No, it will be in 10.2.
> >
> > But you can remove it manually. And you will not lose any
> > functionality as zypper and opensuse-updater can replace rug and
> > zen-updater respectively. It seems there will even be a pattern for
> > performing this action.
>
> There will be one starting with beta2 - so it should be easy to do,

Won't you fix this constant running? Surely that cannot be normal
operation, can it? At this point, it has run up 340 minutes of CPU
time. What's it doing with this interminable activity?

And if one chooses to remove it, what takes its place and what are the
consequences of doing so? Can I still use YaST's Software Management
module to manage my installed packages?

> Andreas

Randall Schulz