Re: [opensuse-factory] tiny-nvidia-installer removed from factory
  • From: "Cristian Rodriguez R." <judas_iscariote@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 20:31:22 -0300
Greg KH wrote:

> I have explained this, many times in the past. See:
> http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/ols_2006_keynote.html
> for the last time I did.

I had read that notes a few months ago.

> Just buy stuff that works with the OS you choose to purchase, it's that
> simple.

Unfortunately, the average user you help on IRC does not even have a
clue how to open a console and type "init 3" and then explain them how
to execute and install the nvidia bimnary installer is a real PITA. (
try yourself one day /join #suse)

Users unfortunately does not care a shit about the legal or ethical
points on this, if SUSE does not have a quick and **extremely easy** way
to do this, they will simple switch to a distribution that is including
the drivers or providing a simple tool to install them. or will go back
to windows.

for me, and probably to every member of this list, installing the binary
driver aint a problem, but to the userbase this is a very seriuos
showstopper.