Re: [opensuse-factory] libstdc++.la library
  • From: Andras Mantia <amantia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:19:51 +0200
On Wednesday 01 November 2006 12:18, Pascal Bleser wrote:
> What makes you think that ?
>
> AFAIK no one at Packman (nor do I with my packages) removes the .la
> files from the -devel packages, not even if they are for >= 10.2.
>
> Referencing libstdc++.la (c|sh)ould be seen as a bug (at least I've
> been bashed for filing that on bugzilla, or rather, for asking where
> the heck libstdc++.la is on 10.2 ^^).
>
> If it is, it should be discussed with those package maintainers at
> Packman.

You misunderstood. 10.1 has libstdc++.la and Packman packages built on
10.1 will have .la files referencing to this libstdc++.la. 10.2
doesn't have libstdc++.la, so if you have on your 10.2 system Packman
packages built for 10.1 and you try to build applications from source
you might run into this error. Once Packman packages will be built on
10.2, there won't be any problem as their .la files will not have any
reference to libstdc++.la.

Andras

List Navigation