[opensuse-factory] speed impression on firefox 2
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 11:49:52 +0100
Hi everybody,

I have upgraded to Beta 1 of openSUSE 10.2 last week.

Since then, I feel Firefox (which also got upgraded to 2.0 now) much
slower than 1.5 was before.
For example, when entering an URL then hitting <enter>, for a while
nothing happens (not even the status bar changes from stopped or
something).

In general, I would say the surfing experiance got much worse.

I also have FF on my win installation in the office and wouldn't say it
degraded somehow. (or not as much experianced).

Does anybody else have this experiance with FF2?

Dominique