Re: [opensuse-factory] libstdc++.la library
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 15:27:12 +0100
Juan Erbes schrieb:
> In what package are the libstdc++.la library?

It's nowhere, this has been discussed already.

> I'm rebuilding the cinelerra package from the packman repo, because
> the original hangs, and I got:
> [...]
> grep: /usr/lib/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libstdc++.la: No such file or directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libstdc++.la' is not a valid libtool archive

You need to find out which one of the other .la files references
libstdc++.la, and rebuild that, so that it loses its reference to
libstdc++.la.

> I made a "locate libstdc++"
> and found:
> [...]
> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.1.2/libstdc++.a is nearly than, but is
> the same?
> I can do a symlink as libstdc++.la pinting to
> /usr/lib/gcc/i586-suse-linux/4.1.2/libstdc++.a?

No.

You exactly found the reason why libstdc++.la had to be removed, but the
solution is not a symlink.

The libstdc++ development files are now in a versioned directory to
allow parallel installation of multiple versions, but libstdc++.la does
not carry its version number in the filename and so it had to die.

In doubt, rebuild _everything_ - that should do the trick.

Andreas Hanke