Re: [opensuse-factory] Notes on successful GUI Smart from alpha 4 to factory (beta1)
  • From: "Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)" <netmask@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:46:52 -0200
Em Sex, 2006-10-27 às 00:26 -0400, Felix Miata escreveu:

> Like YAST, Smart replaced my kernel rather than adding the newer kernel.
> This I do not like. Mandriva tools default to adding, which I'm used to

This is a distro specific setting. Check 'smart flag --show' to see if
'kernel-default' is marked 'multi-version'. If not, it should be set by
the distro, but you can also turn it on runing 'smart flag --set
multi-version kernel-default'.

It would be nice if you open some tickets on http://tracker.labix.org/

> minute wait for the actual upgrade installation process to begin while it
> waited for that one package to finish.

That's the way Smart is supposed to run: it only commits when the
complete set of packages for the requested transaction are available.

> Like on Ubuntu, the fetch process window leaves many completed downloads
> with "stalled" in the time to complete column. That too is rather unsmart.

It's already fixed by the devel team, and the fixes should be applied on
the distro package.

> There's so much wrong with the menus I won't get into it. I presume that
> will eventually be attended to upstream as a result of complaints from others.

Maybe yes, maybe not. Check the tracker mentioned above.

> Regardless of the above shortcomings, it seems to have successfully

That's cool. :)

Thanks for your input!

--
% Mauricio Teixeira (netmask)
% mteixeira{a}webset{d}net <> Maceio/AL/BR