[opensuse-factory] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] enigmail not compatible with Thunderbird 2.0b1
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 08:35:47 +0100

>>> Reply on 30-10-2006 9:33:53 <<<> Hi!
>
> Having installed Thunderbird 2.0b1 from the openbuild tree
> if found enigmail being broken. This add-on currently sup-
> ports Thunderbird versions up to 2.0a1. This means, I can-
> not read even my own archied eMails until there is a new
> release of enigmail. I'm pretty confident that this will
> happen sooner or later. I'm just curious, if I could have
> avoided this conflict?

Ruben,

Not directly an answer to your question, but maybe I can help you get
enigmail run again.
AFAIK, the API did not change anymore since alpha1 for TB. So most
probably, the enigmail.xpi is just to restrictive.

You can unpack it and modify the values in the xml file for it to work
in beta1 too. Most plugins I ever used could just be adopted to the
latest version of TB by such a small trick.

Regards,
Dominique
  • No further messages