Re: [opensuse-factory] Installation without CD possible for 10.2Beta1 ?
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:53:29 -0600
On Sunday 29 October 2006 08:17, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> I tried to install openSuSE 10.2Beta1 according to
>
> http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_without_CD
<snip>
> I have never successfully mounted an ISO file using this method. But in
> 10.1 and before it was possible to unpack the ISO file for instance to
> "/SUSECD1/SUSE-CD1/" and to choose this as the directory.
>
> Unfortunately in this step there it's not possible to make screen shots
> or to see log files.

Any use of this:
http://en.opensuse.org/Making_Installation_screenshots

> Has anyone successful tested the installation method from
> http://en.opensuse.org/Installation_without_CD together with
> openSuSE-10.2Beta1 ?

Hi Björn,

You want to say that hard disk installation in this way doesn't work at all.
I'll download beta 1 today and try.
There are some reports about problems
http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs

In the mean time can you test: