Re: [opensuse-factory] 10.1 problem with xscreensaver
  • From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:41:40 +0200
jdd wrote:
> I may have found a bug of the kde screen saver.
>
> when the "k" menu is open, the screen saver don't start and the computer
> is never protected. I'll try it on beta 1 and report

Simple cause, but nearly unsolvable. xscreensaver has to grab the keyboard
to be able to accept your password later on. Unfortunately, the "K" menu
and afaics all window manager menus in all window managers grab the
keyboard (that's necessary for them to function) and so xscreensaver can't
grab it.
The only remotely possible option I can see is to add the ability to
xscreensaver to steal the keyboard from the window manager. But that would
probably also need window manager support.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/