Re: [opensuse-factory] Factory source for Internet installation
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:50:55 +0200
Andreas Hanke wrote:
> Terje J. Hanssen schrieb:
>> But what is the correct ftp address to enter according to
>> # 4. Point the YaST installer to the installation repository (by
>> pressing F3 and then F4)
>
> [...]
>
> => The repository URL is:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source

I downloaded the alpha5 i386 mini.iso, burned and booted the CD.
On the first boot screen I entered F4, HTTP and
"download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source" in the
server field, which become automatic splitted in server and catalog
field afterwards. Came to the simpe gui YaST installer (not YaST2) some
later.
The installation was broken after some time with the error message:
"HTTP network error: 302 found".

The same PC boots 10.1, Mandriva, Ubuntu and Win2k ok with Internet
connection ok from other partition/file systems. Remarkable that
Internet installation won't work neither now nor on previous attempts.

Rgds,
Terje J. Hanssen