Re: [opensuse-factory] Factory source for Internet installation
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:13:45 -0400
On 06/10/17 01:50 (GMT+0200) Terje J. Hanssen apparently typed:

> Normally I've used to download the non-OSS dvd iso and burn the DVD for
> installation.
> Now I though to try the Internet installation according to
> http://en.opensuse.org/Development_Version#Internet_Installation
> First I downloaded and burned the DVD-i386-mini.iso on a CDR.

Note that you need not download even the mini iso if your installation
target already has a working grub. All you need is the linux and initrd from
the appropriate boot/*/loader directory placed where a grub stanza can find it.
--
"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him,
and I am helped." Psalm 28:7 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409