SPAM: Re: [opensuse-factory] SPAM: DVDs not automounted in Alpha5 / factory
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:40:37 +0200 (CEST)
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

> in my Alpha5 installation, DVDs and CDs don't get automounted anymore
> when inserting them in the drive.
>
> Where can I have a look at? Or is this already a known bug/feature?

My DVD on x32_64 automounts as /dev/sr0 on /media/dvd_name. A visible side
effect which looks like a bug, is that when the dvd icon and Nautilus open
window arise on the desktop, they somewhat disturb and move the previous
icons on the desktop.

However I've encountered another problem, one have to be root in a
terminal and use the "eject" command to be able to eject the dvd. Trying
both on the dvd desktop icon context menu and in Nautilus's File menu, an
error message pop up:
"Not in fstab (and your not root)
eject umount of '/dev/sr0' failed"

Terje J Hanssen