Re: [opensuse-factory] Topics for tomorrow's dist meeting
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:38:22 +0200
Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 19:13, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> We have so far two compiler optimization topics:
>>
>> * Building for i686 in the future (Bug 186074)
>
> Hell, yeah!!
>
> Who's installing SUSE on Pentium I nowadays?

Machines I have running currently

- Toshiba laptop with a P233MMX (service console)
- HP Vectra 486/66. (firewall)

It looks like you guys have finished this discussion anyway, but I'll
add my bit anyway: it seems to me that the actual advantages of going
for i686-only are questionable and at best minor, whereas the actual
disadvantages of doing so are quite real and not so minor. I vote for
sticking to i586.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich