Re: [opensuse-factory] alpha2 - YasT2 icons
  • From: Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:16:30 +0200

Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Per Jessen wrote:
>>> They look at little tired and dull, IMO.
>> +1
>
> -1
>
>> Matter of taste etc... but to me the default tango icon set is just
>> plain horrible, a step backwards in terms of "style".
>>
>> Also, "puke green" is a weird choice for a base colour.
>
> They are not too bad. There is just something wrong with the greens.
> One green is too muddy (Hardware), and the other one is too neon
> (Software). And the Hardware icon lacks a little bit of gray (see Disk
> Controller).

Well that "puke-ish" (sorry but.. heh) green colour used everywhere in
the tango theme is a mystery to me.

All in all, it looks very gnome-ish, very "industrial" (which I never
liked either).

> And there are some icons that are completely gray or gray with b/w --
> those need decent color spots.

Yes. And I find them to be.. how to say... very "pixelized", as if they
used only 16 colours or something, definitely a lot less smooth than
what you can see in Crystal, nuoveXT, Linspire Clear, Graphite-Rade8,
Snowish, ... Hence why I meant "a step backwards".

cheers
- --