Re: [opensuse-factory] What is wrong with md5sum
  • From: rmyster@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:31:55 -0600
On Sunday 08 October 2006 06:34, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
> i burn a DVD with K3B on a SL10.1, K3B tell me the md5sum are identical ?
>
> A check from the MD5SUMS on the iso is OK ?
>
> When I start a installation, and test md5sum in YaST2, YaST2 break's with a
> Error md5sums are wrong ?
> --

This may occur if the dvd was burned on a windows system. There is something
on the check media page referring to pad errors. I don't remember the exact
wording but scroll to the bottom of the media check page to see what it
suggests to fix the problem. It's some setting in the burner software.
Burning the dvd on linux with k3b was error free.