Re: [opensuse-factory] no hard disks were found for the installation
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 00:20:25 +0200
Felix Miata wrote:

This is from HTTP network install begun with yesterday's boot.iso on i440BX
PIII system. Error happens shortly after it asks to install USB module.
There are two HDs it should find, which the Ubuntu beta installer does find,
and Knoppix 4.0.2 finds, and the 10.0 boot.iso network installer finds.....

Just as a curiosity I'll mentione that I had (yes, still have) a predecessor hardware, Intel PII/N440BX Astro server running NT4TS. I tried to install Redhat 8 on it, but that attempt failed as it didn't find the SCSI disks in the hotswap panel, truly due to lack of a proper driver. This led me later to try SuSE 8.x which installed without problem on this hardware, thereafter JDS2/SLES8 and continued with SuSE 9.x Pro releases ;)