Re: [opensuse-factory] Sax YAST
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 03:25:07 -0500
On Sunday 08 October 2006 02:09, Hugo Oosterkamp wrote:

> How do I set up GRUB in order to obtain a level 3 (without X) startup
> option so that I can reach YAST and SAX

When booting on initial GRUB screen enter as option 3.
It will bring you in runlevel 3.

When you have problem like now:
1) try to use Ctrl-Alt-<Plus> or <Minus> key on numeric pad, to cycle trough
available (configured) graphic modes.

2) use Ctrl-Alt-F1 (or any F1 to F6) to open terminal, login as root, type
init 3
and wait until it tells you that runlevel 3 is reached.

The hard method is necessary only if graphic card is really badly
missconfigured, so you can't see anything even in a text mode.

--
Regards,
Rajko M.