[opensuse-factory] unable to configure X
  • From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:32:36 -0500
With 10.2 alpha 5, I'm completely unable to configure X. When sax
starts up, I get "out of range" error on the monitor and have to
ctrl-alt-bksp. sax2 -l from the command line is unusable because not
enough of the screen shows to be able to make selections. I was
eventually able to get sax to run by "sax2 -V 0:1280x1024@60", but
still couldn't come up with a combination that would produce any output
when the test runs, even by specifying the frequencies from the
monitor's spec sheet.

This is with ATI RV250 card and Benq FP731 LDC monitor (which was
auto-detected). Shall I file a bug, or is it a known issue?

--
Glenn Holmer (Q-Link: ShadowM)
http://www.lyonlabs.org/commodore/c64.html