Re: [opensuse-factory] DVD iso?
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 08:27:03 +1300
> > Has support for jigdo already been discussed?
> > That way users could easily build their own DVD isos, without us having
> > to worry about serving big files.

> The jigdo files seems not to have been used at all, there was no real
> interest in them once they were available,

This is a real shame. I'm getting quite fed up with this CD flipping,
and putting DVD ISOs as well as CD ISOs (and all the files by themselves
too) on mirrors is clearly not very smart use of resources.

Are you sure the lack of jigdo use for 10.1 didn't have more to do with
lack of mentioning this prominently, and making the jigdo files
available in the first place? I remember having to beg for them several
times before they turned up on somewhere.

I think it would also be a good idea to drop CD ISOs from the mirrors
(or perhaps all but the first), and make a multi-distro jigdo package
available instead.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/ Please do not CC list postings to me.