Re: [opensuse-factory] DVD iso?
  • From: "Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:14:24 +0200
Andreas Jaeger skrev:
"Terje J. Hanssen" <nteknikk@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Searching for the Alpa5 I thought:
Is it be much extra effort to make available (and also get tested!) the
DVD iso at the same time as the CD isos? DVDRW burners have been usual
several years and simplify the inflation of amounts of disks and the
installation work itself. Just my suggestion.

Terje, as Eberhard said: Our mirrors cannot server both. It's also
double the bandwith to sync out from us to them in a short time.

Therefore we only make one set available - and CDs are easier to sync
since DVDs are larger than 2 GB which will cause problems for some
mirrors. Just with Alpha5 the CDs did not install at all, so we have
this time DVDs only instead,

Wonder if it is possible to burn the DVD from the downloaded CD isos directly, without the need to temporary have dual diskspace available for keeping both the CD isos and DVD iso images?

To mentione, Uninett.no has several Linux distros and all of the openSUSE isos available. As nearest for me, they have proved to have faster download than any of the official openSUSE mirrors I've tried:
ftp://ftp.uninett.no/linux/opensuse/distribution/

Terje