Re: [opensuse-factory] Ditching ReiserFS?
  • From: Tobias Burnus <burnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 10:24:13 +0200
Hi,

Joop Boonen wrote:
> Here are some links about OCFS2 (Sounds very good):
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCFS2

If I didn't search wrongly, neither quota nor ACLs are supported, yet.
Otherwise, it indeed looks promissing.

Tobias

PS: My favourite filesystem remains AdvFS of Tru64 Unix; it has a LVM
build in. The filesystem can span several hard disks; you then create
filesets on them. Each fileset can now occupy the whole free space (or
up to a set quota limit). That way, one can have several separate file
systems (actually file sets) without the need to specify the size. And
it is a cluster filesystem as well.
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/unix/advfs.html
Unfortunally, it is not available for Linux.