Re: [opensuse-factory] Ditching ReiserFS?
  • From: Michael James <Michael.James@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:23:49 +1000
On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 04:39 pm, Joop Boonen wrote:
> I think it's a pity that reiserfs won't be the primairy filesystem
> anymore. Although i understand the choise.

I'm disappointed that reiser4 isn't present.
Without support on the rescue disk, a kernel upgrade
would leave a root-reiser4 machine unbootable
not even from CD.

It's really been removed, even as a possibility.

The use would have matured it, I had high hopes.

michaelj

--
Michael James michael.james@xxxxxxxx
System Administrator voice: 02 6246 5040

No matter how much you pay for software,
you always get less than you hoped.
Unless you pay nothing, then you get more.