Re: [opensuse-factory] Ditching ReiserFS?
  • From: Andreas Hanke <andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:16:56 +0200
Chad Groneman schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Saw this link today:
> http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/09/27/suse-102-ditching-reiserfs-as-it-default-fs/
>
> I don't recall seeing anything about OpenSuSE 10.2 ditching reiserfs.

Very surprising that Google doesn't find it, because it's a 1:1 copy of
this post on this very list:

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2006-09/msg00542.html

> My 2 cents: I like reiserfs. For performance reasons, I don't think
> it's a good idea to have a clustered filesystem for the root filesystem.

ReiserFS will stay in the SUSE kernel as long as it stays in the
kernel.org kernel, it just might not be the default any more.

YaST offers unsupported filesystems during installation as well,
actually it offers even JFS.