Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 04:05:18PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Edit /etc/zmd/zmd.conf and change the sleep-interval:
> [Server]
> sleep-interval=1800
>
> Change 1800 to something larger...

Is there a maximum? Are there disadvantages if you use an extreme large
sleep-interval? e.g. what happens if you do a sleepinterval of 24 hours
and then use crontab to do a forced update at a moment where it does not
matter, like at 04:00 or whenever you least likely are going to use it.

One disadvatages I can imagine on the top of my head are unneeded load on
the servers.

What if you make the timeout a week, or a month, or indefinite?
--
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/