Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:48:26 +0300
Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 06:21:29PM +0300, Vahis wrote:
>
>> Andreas Jaeger wrote:

>>> Add: --type=yum
>>> or: --type=zypp
>>>
>>> both should work.

>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> Restart zmd and zen-updater and you're current again,
>>>
>>> Andreas
>>>

>> # rug sa --type=yum
>> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/
>> ERROR: Please provide a name for the service
>>
>> # rug sa --type=zypp
>> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/
>> ERROR: Please provide a name for the service
>>
>> man rug is unclear to me here. Is written for people who can read or
>> what? :)
>>
>> What shoul I name it and how? Don't they have names, everybody naming
>> them themselves as they like might cause problems in remembering what
>> they are later?
>>

> Use
>
> rug sa --type=zypp ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/ update-test
>
> You missed the actual name at the end of the commandline.
>
> Then:
> rug sub update-test
>
> Ciao, Marcus

This worked, thank you. The globe went Orange, 17 updates.

Didn't last long either.

I wonder if I should now run them, this is my attempted-to-keep
installation.
I ran those already on my factory one but I don't know yet what they did.

Vahis

--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
http://waxborg.servepics.com/mobile/articles/vmware.html