Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 18:21:29 +0300
Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Vahis <waxborg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>

>> # rug sa
>>

> Add: --type=yum
> or: --type=zypp
>
> both should work.
>

>> ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/
>> ERROR: Could not add
>> 'ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/':
>> No suitable service types could be found
>>
>> I added that with YaST and it worked.
>>
>> The stuff appeared as updates (the Globe went orange) in updater.
>>
>> Updates were then installed.
>>
>> At this stage I'm so mixed up with all these adding and removin that I'm
>> not sure what those updates did or didn't.
>>

> ;-)
>
> Restart zmd and zen-updater and you're current again,
>
> Andreas

# rug sa --type=yum
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/
ERROR: Please provide a name for the service

# rug sa --type=zypp
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/10.1-packagemanagement-update-test/
ERROR: Please provide a name for the service

man rug is unclear to me here. Is written for people who can read or
what? :)

What shoul I name it and how? Don't they have names, everybody naming
them themselves as they like might cause problems in remembering what
they are later?

Vahis

--
http://waxborg.servepics.com