Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 14:06:27 +0200
houghi <houghi@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 01:38:56PM +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> Frank-Michael Fischer <fmfischer@xxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > The reason why I am assuming it's libzypp's fault is: when I filed the
>> > bug it was for the Zen component, then Nat Budin changed the component
>> > to libzypp and connected this bug with bug 176301. This bug I am not
>> > supposed to view. So it's fair to guess there is something rotten in
>> > the state of libzypp. And we should not participate, just sit and wait.
>>
>> Why is everybody thinking there's something rotten going on if a bug
>> is closed?
>
> I believe you misread it. The bug was moved. Because it was originaly was
> reported as a lybzypp bug, the one where it is moved to will also be a
> libzypp bug.

I'm talking about 176301. It was never public.

Let's leave that one as reported against SLES - that way it will get
highest priority ;-).

If anybody likes to be CC'ed on it, tell me offline and I add you to
it.

> This most likely means that there is an issue with libzypp, because
> otherwise the bug would have been closed and not noted as a duplicate.

Bug 177758 was connected to 176301 as "bug 177758 must be first fixed
before we can close 176301".

> All is giuessing, because we are not allowed to see #176301 even though it
> was first a public one.

It never was.

> So the conclusion of Frank-Michael is correct: It must be a libzypp issue.

Those are totally unrelated - but since 176301 is not public, you can
just speculate ;-)

Andreas
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany