Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Frank-Michael Fischer <fmfischer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:53:23 +0200
Pascal Bleser wrote:
> Can't *you* believe *many* users do have that problem ?
> Again, come hang around on IRC and witness the havoc.
>

>>> And I found the real problem: it's the way libzypp is architected and
>>> implemented. Now what?
>>>

> Actually I don't think it's libzypp, it's more about ZMD.
>
> Could someone post a few details about what libzypp actually does and
> how it interacts with ZMD ?
> Is it an abstraction and/or API to ZMD and rug ?
>
> Is libzypp the one capable of handling yast2/ZMD repos and RPM-MD ? Or
> is it ZMD/rug ?
>
> When using RPM-MD repos in yast2, does it still go through ZMD ?
>
> [

The reason why I am assuming it's libzypp's fault is: when I filed the
bug it was for the Zen component, then Nat Budin changed the component
to libzypp and connected this bug with bug 176301. This bug I am not
supposed to view. So it's fair to guess there is something rotten in
the state of libzypp. And we should not participate, just sit and wait.

After playing around with this problem a bit it seems likely that
running "rug sl" just once is the workaround for this bug.

FMF