Re: [opensuse-factory] Bug 177758
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:31:21 +0200
Frank-Michael Fischer <fmfischer@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Problem is: during beta test I have been busy reporting and detailling
> other bugs so I did not participate in the zen buddism here. And I'd
> agree with you that it will be solved etc. I just did not know (did
> you?) that it takes up to half an hour to get a 2.xGHz machine booted
> into a proper functioning state. For me this order of magnitude of slow
> down is unexpected, I am not even sure it was there with beta versions.

It's unexpected for me as well, I wouldn't have shipped it if we had
seen this with new installation.

I got some reports from people doing an update from Beta7 where zmd
took ages and those where a result of old repositories.

Btw. I'm currently working on releasing an update of the package
management stack. It will not solve the performance issues in general
but fixes a couple of bugs so if the problem you have comes from such
a bug, it might be fixed...

Andreas
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany