Bug 177758
  • From: Frank-Michael Fischer <fmfischer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 08:08:02 +0200
Might sound a bit emotional, but the "parse-metadata" problem turns 10.1
into a virtually unusable desktop for my customers (and me) really. In
certain server setups it might be acceptable that the system needs up to
30 minutes after reboot before giving full power to the users. But on a
desktop?

To me it smells like the end of SUSE on desktops, really. As I am using
and testing other linux distros as well I know that the only difference
is Zen. My wild guess: Zen architecture prevents it from performing
well. Because if it would be the implementation of Zen making its
performance so ridiculous, we would find some messages concering fixes
and dramatic improvements and timetables.

For the time being none of my customers will upgrade to 10.1 or switch
to SUSE.

What a pity,

FMF