Re: [opensuse-factory] TeX in OpenSUSE / teTeX no next release
  • From: Volker Kuhlmann <hidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 07:45:16 +1200
> > The texmf tree of teTeX is a monolitic distribution of individual CTAN
> > packages.
>
> This seems to be the harder part as to my knowledge the texmf part of
> TeX Live is rather big.

Better big and quick to handle, then ...

> For Debian there exists a project to create TeX Live DEBs
> (http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html),
> though they seem to have split TeX Live into too many .debs.

... having a Linux package for every LaTeX macro package. Plus of course
those debs are useless, and by my observation, the automated deb->rpm
conversion tool everyone seems to be using is downright crappy.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/ Please do not CC list postings to me.