media.X/products question
As far as I can see, for the setting of the Automatic Online Update during
installation, the script looks at /content

It then looks on https://secure-www.novell.com what the current products
are. The list is below.

My question is, is my thinking correct and is there a way to get this list
with e.g. wget? If that is the case, then I can do several things.
1) Put the latest list in the latest version of makeSUSEdvd
2) Let makeSUSEdvd fetch the latest version if wget and a network
connection are available. (Nice for future releases)
3) Will this stay the same for a while, or are the changes to be expected?

For now I have just use the following code
for I in $VERSIONS
do
NAME=`grep $I $CD_DIR/media.1/products`
if [ "$NAME" != "" ]
then
PRODUCTS=$NAME
fi
done
done
echo $PRODUCTS > $CDIR/media.1/products

A beta of makeSUSEdvd that uses this is available on
http://houghi.org/script/makeSUSEdvd (And now the *.sel issue)

VERSIONS="SUSE-Linux-10.1-CD-download-ppc
SUSE-Linux-10.1-CD-download-x86
SUSE-Linux-10.1-CD-download-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-10.1-CD-ppc
SUSE-Linux-10.1-CD-x86
SUSE-Linux-10.1-CD-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-10.1-DVD-OSS-i386
SUSE-Linux-10.1-DVD-OSS-ppc
SUSE-Linux-10.1-DVD-OSS-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-10.1-DVD-i386
SUSE-Linux-10.1-DVD-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-10.1-DVD9-x86-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-10.1-FTP
SUSE-Linux-10.1-OSS-DVD-x86
SUSE-Linux-CD-OSS-i386
SUSE-Linux-CD-OSS-ppc
SUSE-Linux-CD-OSS-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-DVD9-i386
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Desktop-i386
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Desktop-x86_64
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-i386
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-ia64
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-ppc
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-s390x
SUSE-Linux-Enterprise-Server-x86_64
SuSE-Linux-10.1-PromoDVD-i386
TestProduct"

--
houghi http://houghi.org http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

> Today I went outside. My pupils have never been tinier...

  • No further messages