Re: [opensuse-factory] What are the font rpms doing?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:00:02 +0200
Am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 01:33 schrieb Tom Horsley:

> What in the blue blazes takes so long to install a font? Couldn't
> it wait till they are all installed and take a nap then instead
> of taking a nap for every font?
Yes, they could. But this requires a pretty heavy change in our scripts.
In the past, we simply did that: the rpms only installed files and SUSEconfig
did the cleanup. But then people started complaining, that a simple rpm call
shouldn't require SuSEconfig to be run and we fixed it -> now you get a
SuSEconfig portion behind every font rpm update.

This will be changed for 10.2 most likely as you're not the only one to
notice :)

Greetings, Stephan