Online update issue
  • From: Andras Mantia <amantia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 15:50:21 +0300
Hi,

I'm officially confused by the new way of updating. First: are there
any updates available at this moment? If I start the "Online update"
from Yast, it says no patches available.
I tried to see how can I configure the online update. To my surprise
there are two entries called "Online Update Configuration" and "Online
Update Setup". For me it means the same, luckily the second shows in
the tooltip that it is the configuration for automatic updates.
So try the first one (Online Update Configuration): clicking on
Details or Next gives me the following error (after a while): An error
occurred while connecting to server. Details shows: No products to
register.
Now let's see "Online Update Setup": I get a nearly blank window with
the hints on the left an the "Automatic Online Update Setup". No config
options, just the Back/Abort/Finish buttons.

Does online update work for anyone or this is just a plain bug and I
should report.

I used 10.1-GM, from a DVD created with makeSUSEdvd 0.29 (and yes, I get
a signing error). I updated an RC2 system (which previously was
updated from 10.0 in more steps).

Andras