Re: [opensuse-factory] Update 10.0 to 10.1
  • From: "Edward Dunagin" <edunagin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:40:10 -0600
On 5/15/06, Marcel Hilzinger <mhilzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Montag, 15. Mai 2006 14:31 schrieb Anders Norrbring:
> Marcel Hilzinger skrev:
> > I've tried to update 10.0 OSS ot 10.1 OSS serveral times. YaST
randomly
> > reports problems with package signature checking and offers me the
> > possibiliy to abort, retry or ignore.
> >
> > If I choose abort -> No upate
> > If I choose retry -> YaST aborts update
> > If I choose ignore -> YaST segmentation fault
> >
> > So actually Update is not possible. Did anybody have similar problems?
> > Might it be due to the selfmade DVD? Why does YaST crash, if I say
> > ignore?
>
> Nope, haven't seen that.. I've upgraded 7 boxes by now, no problems at
> all, neither from 10.0 nor from 9.2..

OK. The Problem seems to be due to the DVD. I burnt a new one with 2x
speed
only. This one works. Nevertheless the question remains, why install works
from the same disk an update not. And why YaST segfaults, if there is a
problem with one package...

i downloaded the 5 CDs and could not update from 10.0

to 10.1. on cd1 the system told me that the medium was not found and on
checking the media, said the midsum was incorrect. .

going to download cd1 again and see if that works.
<sigh>

--
Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan
4646 Glenwood Drive