Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 00:24:58 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2006-05-08 at 22:37 +0200, houghi wrote:

> Unfortunatly there is no real alternative, other then running it as root.
> I like to run things as little as root as possible.

I know, I know you have to do somethings in the script as root. It is not
possible to enter the mounts in fstab beforehand, because the exact mount
points and files are not known at that moment

> On the other hand, you
> are the first, and so far only, person who complained about this.

I'm not complaining, I'm just mentioning a problem.

It maybe because most people do not even know that SuSE configured sudo be
default in a nonsecure way and didn't even look at it. The default is an
"easy" default.

> Due to the fact that you might need to enter you rootpassword twice, I
> might be willing to let it be run as root.

The other possibility would be to think what config line(s) could be set
up in the sudoers file so that the script could run as "user". It might be
possible. I haven't looked it up because first I would have to study the
script and find out what exact commands does it need, and because it was
faster for me to simply "su" and run it as root.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >