Re: [opensuse-factory] sudo and makeSUSEdvd [Was: makeSUSEdvd error]
On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 10:08:46PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> That needed line for 'makeSUSEdvd' is the default during the installation
> and configuration phase of a system; but once in "production", those two
> lines are normally removed - meaning that sudoers have to use their own
> passwords and run only specified commands, not any random command they may
> want. The consequence is that on a "production" machine, 'makeSUSEdvd' can
> not run using sudo.

Unfortunatly there is no real alternative, other then running it as root.
I like to run things as little as root as possible. On the other hand, you
are the first, and so far only, person who complained about this.

With several thousand downloads, I would expect some people complaining.
So it seems almost nobody changes the default.

Due to the fact that you might need to enter you rootpassword twice, I
might be willing to let it be run as root.

houghi

List Navigation