Learning Perl (Was: Re: [opensuse-factory] tagmedia question)
  • From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 08:58:12 +0200
On 5 May 2006 at 4:20, houghi wrote:

> I would love to have the tagmedia included into makeSUSEdvd, but I have NO
> idea how to do that. I can't read perl. :-(

Actually it's a lot like C, and I use it where I used C before. I basically
learned (the essentials of) Perl in one week-end using some O'Reilly book.

I prefer Perl ove shell scripts a lot, because it has much more power, not to talk
of the debugger. Documentation ("man perlfunc" just for example) is quite good.

Regards
Ulrich