Re: [opensuse-factory] tagmedia question
On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 12:03:56PM +0200, Steffen Winterfeldt wrote:
> On Thu, 4 May 2006, houghi wrote:
>
> > SUSE uses tagmedia to check the media. I used the following command (and
> > outcome)
> > houghi@penne : tagmedia --md5 --pad 150 --check \
> > ~/iso/10.1_RC3/DVD_DIR/SUSE-10.1-0-DVD.iso
> > md5sum=99b7d0c508d213aa0c9ab6edfad56ef1
> > pad=150
> > check=1
>
> tagmedia shows you the tags stored in the iso.

It also places them there.
root@penne : tagmedia
usage: tagmedia [options] iso
Add/remove tags to SUSE installation media.

> > However when I boot, YaST is looking for:
> > 508ed5a962cc236da9e141df99c33386
>
> yast & checkmedia show you the md5sum of the final iso, which, given the
> current state of cryptography and computing power can not be stored in the
> iso itself, so the md5sum tagmedia stores is _not_ identical to the md5sum
> of the iso. See docs in the checkmedia package.

I looked at /usr/share/doc/packages/checkmedia/README and what I think is
happening is that the pad=150 makes it so that the MD5SUM itself is not
also calculated

> > What am I doing wrong?

This was the most important question.

> > The next thing is when I do a`checkmedia
> > ~/iso/10.1_RC3/DVD_DIR/SUSE-10.1-0-DVD.iso` I get: not an iso
>
> I'd say you don't have read permissions for that file.

I DO have read permission. I have even tried making it the same permission
as the SUSE iso and still get the same answer.

So what must I do to get YaST look for the same MD5SUM as there I place on
the ISO.

You tell me that it is not possible with the current calculation power.
How does YaST then look for it? How is the MD5SUM placed on the ISO?

houghi