Re: [opensuse-factory] RC1 events/0 CPU usage
  • From: "Jon Black" <juan.black@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:38:57 +0100
Sorry for the late reply. I have now installed 10.1 RC3 and the problem has
spread so that both events/0 and events/1 are hogging the cpu. The output
from top, dmesg and lspci can be found at this address:

http://pastebin.com/697722

Thanks.

On 20/04/06, Philipp Wollermann <philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 23:29, Chad Groneman wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 18:53 +0100, Jon Black wrote:
> > The process that is taking up 90% of the CPU is called events/0. There
> > is an events/1 process that has 0% of the CPU...I'm not sure what
> > these processes do but I think they are processor related or perhaps
> > acpi.
>
> I don't know exactly what the events/ processes are, but my guess pretty
> much the same as yours. My guess is interrupt handling. It could be
> ACPI interrupts, so you could try the failsafe method. I don't know the
> ramifications of doing that though - it might be that there's a lot of
> interrupts because something's not working properly (hardware).

The output of dmesg and lspci might be useful. Maybe there are some evil
ACPI
or APIC errors who trouble the kernel :)

Philipp