Re: [opensuse-factory] makeSUSEdvd error
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 21:45:16 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2006-05-02 at 20:52 +0200, houghi wrote:

> On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 08:47:34PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> > How do I solve that problem in the already installed RC3 system? Format
> > and reinstall? This is Linux, formatting is unthinkable!
>
> This is an unfinsihed product. Formatting is to be expected. ;-)

Ha! :-P

> Complain to the maker of makeSUSEdvd (me) that his script did not perform
> as expected.

Ok, I know now that script was (is?) broken. How can the installed system
be repaired? What is needed?

I mean, is it a single rpm that is affected? It could be replaced from
other source. If it is an rpm with a bad signature, it is a question of
reinstalling a good one, and done.

Is it and index file, pointing to the dvd something? It can then be
replaced by another pointing to the CDs.

Can I now tell the system to use the CD as install source instead of the
DVD? Perhaps deletting or reinstalling whatever file or rpm was broken
would work, no?

But I have no idea at all what files to replace.

The thing is, although I consider myself an expert, I know very little
about this version. I can not solve this on my own.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >