Re: [opensuse-edu] openSUSE Edu Li-f-e goes hybrid
  • From: Doug Glenn <dglenn99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:37:05 -0400
Great work!

Two questions. I notice there is not a package group any longer for
the EDU DVD specific items (such as the LTSP, images, etc). Would it
be possible to add it back? Otherwise I am not sure of a quick and
easy way to locate the items and have a refresh installation done if
needed to correct possible suspected corruption (This is a "what if"
scenario).

I would also like for the DNS and DHCP yast modules to be loaded as
part of the default as well. Although you can specify any changes to
the default 10.x.x.x address through the LTSP-KIWI package, you can't
do any additional work if you have more than one subnet, etc for DHCP
or DNS to add a forwarding DNS entry. It would be great to also allow
us to specify the default domain rather than defaulting to example.com
if these are not included then.

Keep up the great work!

Doug Glenn
FORUM Information Systems, LLC